Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Parent Teacher Conference Night

So, with all of the normal anxiety and frustration of having to cram 3 conference's in one night, finding a babysitter so I can make it through all of them... Trying to remember what teacher said what about which kid so that I can relay the info to their dad and grandparent's etc... I MADE IT THROUGH UNSCATHED!!!

Having 3 kids, 1 with disabilities no less, this was no small task, The typical is 2 basic meetings of this kid is at the 80Th percentile, oh, this one is in my top readers group, yada yada, No big deal!!
Then there's the last one, were having trouble with this, we need to work on that, he's not doing so good here, there's room for improvement in this area, behavior, behavior, behavior.....

Tonight however started off with the usual the boys are all doing great academically, and it ended with, We have had so much improvement, he is doing great with this, he is a controlling his bad behavior, he is maturing and growing into such a great peer and helper in the class, everything was positive, or improving!!!! I am so proud!!!!

So to all of the other mother's out there with kids with disabilities, even those without..keep up the hard work, one day we turn around and it truly has paid off, all the struggles and doubt eventually give way to ..... well i can't exactly put in to words how if feel, blessed, happy, relived, proud....I just feel like all the day to day struggles are worth it, because the little boy that everyone said would never be able to maintain in mainstream school has flourished, he is doing great and I couldn't be more proud!!!!

2 comments:

Jenni said...

I always knew you were an amazing mom with wonderful children. You are a true example of how every mom wishes they could be. Is it really any wonder that the teachers had great things to say about the boys. You show them how to be and what to strive for and of course they are going to go that way. It might have taken longer than you wanted but they are headed that way. When I grow up I want to be just like you.

Mina said...

That little monster is amazing and he always has been. I'm so poud of those 3 boys and how well they are growing up... Congrats on the amazing family...HUSBAND included. I love you!