Friday, October 24, 2008

Grandpa Lennartz

One of the best men on earth left us today, He went to Heaven to be with his wife... I will forever hold in my heart and memories all of the love My Grandparents gave us, all of the afternoons after school having an ice cream cone on their front porch, my Grandma combing my hair after my bath, our Grandpa reading to us and playing hop-scotch with us... My grandparents were the glue that held our family together, the rock that I leaned on in times of crisis.. I could just go on forever talking about what wonderful people they were...

I wish they were both still with us, I wish that I wasn't so selfish and and that I didn't still need them so badly...

I know that Grandpa is in a better place now, and I'm so happy that he's with Grandma again!!!

There is nothing I can do to make him come back, There are no words I can say, that can replace the words we long to hear,
There are no answer's they can give, that will satisfy our questions, There is not another soul you can introduce me to that will ever replace his And, there is no love you can offer that will ever replace the love we shared
You can not promise that my broken heart will ever be complete, I will not say it could have been worse, I will not deny it was a tragedy, I will not lie and tell myself that he will come back because He never really left
I do know that he hears me when I speak, I will know that he loves me no matter the distance I will not deny he is in a better place And, I will believe that he is waiting to greet us someday
He is every step we take, He is in everything we do, He is the air we breathe, He is every beat of our hearts
" He is like the wind. We can not see him...but we will always feel him"

1 comment:

Rachael said...

So sorry for your loss...He sounds like he was a wonderful man and you are right, that you will one day be able to be with him again. Until then, he will always be with you in spirit!