Friday, April 3, 2009

Finally some time...

It's been so long since I've had some time to just sit in front of the computer, I have barely been on myspace or facebook, heck, last time i logged into my email i had 70 emails to read, and very few of them were spam...

I have been so incredibly busy with work and the kids ... and spending time with Big Randy at the hospital. For those of you who do not know what happened, we found out the hard way that he has colon cancer, He had a lemon size tumor constricting his colon and lower intestine. He had emergency surgery a week and a half ago... He is doing well, the recovery is a slow process as he was cut open from breastbone to pelvic bone, they had to remove 10 inches of his colon and intestine, then they pulled the rest of the intestine down and reattached it to the colon....and were waiting to find out when he starts chemo for the spots in his liver.

Definitely a life changing situation and all we can do is hope for the best, hope that he regains full function of his bowels, and that the rest of the cancer doesn't take him from us. He is the Rock that holds our family together and we would be lost without him. I cant even think about that....

He is still in the acute care unit, but like i said he is doing better, they finally removed his NG tubes and we can sit and talk with him. We love him so much!!!!


This is the first experience our boys have ever had with a family member in the hospital, they were too young to remember when i lost my grandparents, it's so hard for them to understand what's happening..

I wish that there was more that i could do... I hate siting around feeling useless, I have such a need to fix everything...

1 comment:

Rachael said...

Wait..Big Randy... Is this Randy's dad or your husband Randy? I am so sorry...that is so tough. Cancer sucks hard core. You guys are in my prayers.